The second wave of Covid-19 has been wreaking havoc across India for the last few days. With the alarming number of new cases every day and the already overburdened health system of the country finding it difficult to support the exponential rise, help must pour in from around the globe so as to support India in its fight against COVID-19. Remember, India is home to one-sixth of humanity and the world cannot win the battle against COVID until India defeats it.
Aims & Objectives
- Supporting Home Isolating Patients: COVID Helpdesk aims to support patients across India with valuable medical consultation (through registered medical practitioners across the globe) who are under home isolation and do not need hospitalization.
- Providing free primary consultation: COVID Helpdesk aims to provide basic primary consultation who have been diagnosed with COVID or have developed COVID-19 symptoms.
- Supporting mentally distressed patients: The helpdesk aims to support those mentally distressed patients through counselling who lost someone or have lost their jobs due to the pandemic.
- Spreading awareness about COVID-19 appropriate behaviour: To drive mass awareness campaigns, especially in the rural areas to make the people aware and adopt COVID-19 appropriate behaviour in order to stop the spread of the virus in deep pockets.
- Vaccination awareness: One of the major challenges in attaining universal immunization in India is going to be the preparedness of the people to receive the vaccine on time. The helpdesk will drive awareness campaigns and myth busters to make the people ready for vaccination.